If you are an Instagram user, you must be viewing other people’s stories. The one posting then can see whoever opened their story because Instagram allows users to see who has explicitly viewed their story in the story view list feature. But there are times when you might want to take a look at someone’s story without being acknowledged by the uploader. There are several methods through which you can view Instagram stories unnoticed. Some methods are easy and do not require downloading a third-party app, and some require third-party apps that are unreliable and may not be secure. But don’t you worry a bit, reader. We have three simple and hassle-free methods so you can view stories anonymously on Instagram.
Method 1 of 4: You can Turn on Flight mode before tapping on the story
This might be very helpful as Instagram video view impulsively pre-loads some stories and data when the device is coupled to a decent-speed net. After turning on airplane mode on your device, activities like viewing and posting stories cannot be updated until the device gets reconnected with the internet ( goes back online). However, with this method, you cannot view multiple stories and long videos. You can only look at the first few stories as the Instagram video view does not load the multiple stories to the end.
- First, go to the profile page of the account you want to see the story of and wait for 10-20 seconds to load the stories.
- Then go to settings or your notification drawer and turn on airplane or flight mode.
- Now view the story of the account.
- After you are done watching the story, clear Instagram from your phone’s recently viewed section.
- Turn off the airplane mode and do not watch the story when your device is reconnected to the internet; otherwise, your account will be visible in the uploader’s view list.
Method 2 of 4: Use a secondary Instagram account for Instagram video view
Using this method, you can easily watch any Instagram story without exposing your identity and remain anonymous. But there’s a catch here. If the account is private, then it is not certain that your secondary account’s request will be accepted. If it is accepted, you can watch their stories and remain anonymous.
- Go to the uploader’s account page.
- Tap on their story and watch it.
In case you do not have a second account on Instagram, the following are the steps to create one:
- Open the app on your device and long-press your profile iconin the bottom right corner of the app screen.
- Tap on Add Account and choose the Create new account
- Decide and write a username for the profile.
- Set a hard passcode.
- Enter information such as Birthday and tap the Complete Sign-Up button to finish.
- Go to the person’s profile and follow them to view their story.
Method 3 of 4: Swipe back from the next or previous story
The idea behind this trick is that when you tap on the previous or next story to the one you want to see anonymously, you can swipe to the next story without lifting your finger off the screen. That way, you can have a glance at that person’s story without being on their Instagram video view list, But there is a shortcoming here. You cannot view multiple photos in the story. You can only look at the first picture. In addition to that, you cannot view any videos as your finger is still on the screen. Below are a few basic steps that do the same action:
- Open Instagram, and you will see the story bar on the top of the app.
- Tap on the story next or previous to the one you want to have a look at.
- After tapping on any one of the adjacent stories, slowly swipe halfway to the story you want to see and do not lift your finger off the screen.
- When you are done watching the story, swipe back to the adjacent story
Method 4 of 4: View and Block
This is the best method to watch stories without being on the view list. The objective behind this method is to watch the story of the person you want to and then block them for 24 hours. By blocking them, you exclude yourself from being on the view list. After 24 hours, their story will be gone, and their view list will be empty.
Take a look at these short steps that will help you do the same.
- Open Instagram and tap on the story you want to see.
- After viewing the story, go to the person’s profile.
- Tap on the three-dot corner on the right side of the app and choose block.
- Confirm by tapping on the block button.
- After 24 hours, unblock the account
You can use any of these four methods to view the story you want and be anonymous. Many third-party apps let you view stories without being acknowledged by the uploader, but there is no surety that it will work, and third-party apps are unreliable and unsafe. We recommend you use any of the four tricks mentioned above to view Instagram stories and remain anonymous. We hope you found this article useful.